I find it a little crazy that august is coming to an end, it kind of feels like the year just started, or is that just me? The nights have slowly started drawing in, I noticed it was getting very dark just before 9pm last night, which means autumn is definitely on its way! Here’s what I’ve been up to in the last week of august…
2. Drool. Ben and Jerry’s core ice creams, these are just too good. They are also currently on offer in Tesco, hence the double purchase *insert pig emoji here* The salted caramel one is absolutely divine, mixed with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, with a few brownies thrown in for good measure mmm. I also love the cookie core one, but in my opinion chocolate always wins.
3. I spotted ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ on offer, so I decided to buy it along with some american sweet goodies and have a pamper night. However you have been warned, you will cry at this film, so good but so sad.
4. Spot the Oscar. I had just brought one basket of washing in and was currently hanging out another when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a certain sausage watching what I was doing! He is just so cute, I adore his cheeky personality.
5. Gifts and fairy lights, in a way I’m sort of glad august is almost over as I do love autumn and its cosy nights, I just wish we had a bit more of a summer, with a lot less rain, but that’s England for you!
6. You may have seen my blog post on these super cute candles, I am so excited for pumpkin lattes, hot chocolates galore, and autumn themed candles.
7. Tom bought a wood burner at the weekend, so we lit it up, sat around it and toasted some marshmallows and sausages, such a perfect summer evening.
8. However, then it started to rain, so we moved undercover, it was so lovely listening to the rain on the roof, being surrounded by the fire and fairy lights, who cares about a bit of rain?
9. I just had to share this picture with you. We put a damp towel on Oscar to try to keep him cool. I honestly thought he’d have it off within two minutes and probably drag it around the garden. However he just sat there like this for 20 minutes, he must have loved it, what a cutie.
I hope you’ve all had a lovely august, are you excited for autumn to arrive?