Incase you didn’t already know, I love Christmas, always have, always will! When I was 5 years old I literally passed out on Christmas morning due to excitement (embarrassing but true!) I wanted to put a list together of fun things to do over the festive period. Whether it’s with friends, family, your partner or on your own! I always think of all these fun things to do but then I get lost in the shopping, cooking and wrapping chaos, and before I know it, the big day has arrived! here’s my list of 25 things to do over the holidays, I hope you like it, let me know your fun things to do in the comments!
1. Make a festive playlist full of christmas carols
2. Bake and make a gingerbread house
3. Buy and hang a piece of mistletoe
4. Go ice skating on a outdoor ice rink
5. Drive around looking at all the lights
6. Read Charles Dickens ‘A Christmas Carol’
7. Make hot chocolate from scratch
8. Buy and roast chestnuts… on an open fire
9. Have a ‘ugly festive jumper’ swap!
10. Have a movie marathon, with lots of snacks
11. Buy a ‘real’ tree and buy new ornaments to decorate
12. Sort out old clothes and possessions to give to Charity.
13. Bake Santa themed / snowman inspired cupcakes
14. Watch Carol singers
15. Make paper snowflakes
16. Treat yourself to some new winter themed pyjamas
17. Buy one new ornament for the tree which holds a special memory from this year.
18. Get crafty and make your own cards, a little glitter never hurt anyone, right?
19. Watch The Snowman, The Holiday, Love Actually or Elf…
20. Bake peppermint flavoured brownies
21. Make or buy a wreath for your front door
22. Have a festive indoor picnic in your living room
23. Organise a secret santa
24. Play board games
25. Plan New Years Resolutions early.
What do you think of these fun, festive ideas? I hope you liked them…Do you have any specific holiday traditions or activities you do each year? Let me know in the comments 🙂