1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay. Everyone has pores, lines, blemishes they’re all a part of who you are. You are unique and one of a kind. Real life doesn’t have an airbrushing tool.
2. Don’t be so hard on yourself all of the time, buy the damn shoes, eat the slice of cake, find happiness in the little things. Just because you are having a bad day, doesn’t mean you have a bad life. It will pass.
3. Don’t compare your life to the entire Internets social media ‘highlight reel’ Nobody wants to post about the bad stuff. Everyone has ups and downs, it’s a fact of life. Remember that next time you’re scrolling through instagram.
4. Be yourself. If you want to spend your Saturday night in with your dog, in your underwear watching Ryan Gosling movies, eating a tray of pasta for two people to yourself, you go right on ahead.
5. Stop worrying so much. You don’t have to have your life figured out, not everyone knows what they want to do. Just keep doing what you are doing and you’ll get there, in the end. Focus on what makes you happy, that is the most important thing in life.
6. Ignore the obsession with the thigh gap, if you have one, you have one. If your thighs happen to touch when your legs are together that is f i n e, when did this become a negative thing? Whatever shape or size, you have a beautiful body and mind, the amount of space between your thighs does not define who you are.
7. Call your parents / friends / siblings more, send them a nice text, ask them how they’re doing. It takes a few seconds and it will make their day, I promise.
8. Make time for yourself, have a bubble bath, make yourself a
extra large hot chocolate, even if you put aside twenty minutes before bed, if you can… to relax and take a moment for yourself.
9. Put your phone away. When you’re with your partner / family / friends, turn it off, put it in your bag. You’ll have better conversations, you’ll see the entire TV show, because you won’t miss any due to scrolling through your phone. Sometimes the best moments are the ones that never make it to instagram because you’re too busy enjoying them.
10. Confidence, kindness and manners. These basic things are important, always be kinder than you feel. Oh and be nice to animals, always. Don’t dwell too much, you might create a problem that wasn’t there in the first place.