Terrible times and events like this really hit home, life is short and unpredictable it is important to be kind, enjoy moments and be grateful for what we have. Here’s 20 things that I’m thankful for both big and small
1. The love and support of family and friends, the fact that they are always there for me no matter what. Family is Family and I am lucky to have one.
2. My little dachshund, Oscar. The way he comes bounding over to me with his ears flapping away every single morning showering my with
licks kisses. Oscar cuddles in general are just the best.
3. Tom, a million and one reasons. I’m thankful for all of the amazing memories we’ve created so far.
4. Seasons, I love light, sunny spring mornings, but I also love winter, with it’s frost, cosy nights and seeing houses and trees decorated in fairy lights.
5. Fresh sheets, is there really anything better than climbing into a freshly made bed, after a relaxing bubble bath? I think not.
6. Chocolate. Yep, I went there. Happy cows Milka, Dairy milk of any kind even a bit of Galaxy. I’m not fussy. Sometimes a girl just needs to eat a bar of chocolate, okay?
7. The sense of smell. Books, fresh bread, your mum’s perfume… petrol (I know, I know.) I love being able to smell all these things and how they can instantly take you back to a place in time.
8. My health. After recently having my smear results back as normal, that was a huge lift off of my shoulders. I also had a mole removed and was told it was thankfully benign. Never take good health for granted.
9. The little things. Holding Toms hand, good morning texts, good night kisses. Small surprises …Just because. The little things always do mean the most.
10. The excitement of Christmas. I love it, more each year. It always brings me so much happiness.
11. My lovely home. Having a safe roof over my head, because its more than some people have.
12. Hot water. The ability to have endless bubble baths, due to being a total water baby. Lucky.
13. You. I don’t know if i say it often enough but, you guys. I’m so thankful that people read and take the time to comment on my blog. It means the world.
14. Diet coke. I know, I know. It’s ‘bad’ for you. I am cutting down but sometimes nothing goes down better on a hot day than a large class of diet coke with lots of ice and lemon. There I said it.
15. Laughter. Laughter is an amazing thing. It can make you feel happy in an instant. Thanks to my boyfriend and the cast of The Office and Parks and Recreation for filling my days with laughter.
16. Sweet potatoes. Yes, I am thankful for sweet potatoes. Whether they come in fry form or potato. Both are incredible.
17. Chris Pratt, no further comment needed.
18. Each new day. It’s easy to forget sometimes, when we’re so lucky to wake up each day, to a brand new day just how lucky we are to be able to do that.
19. Blogging. I am thankful for blogging and bloggers, the lovely girls and the community. I’m not saying it’s all perfect and rainbows, I see drama in my timeline every now and again but last night I saw a lot of people supporting each other and wanting to do good in bad of a awful situation.
20. For being here. Just to say I’m here, we’re not invincible, these things can and could happen to you, even though you always think ‘that won’t ever happen to me’ So it reminds me to be kind, make a little more effort, enjoy the moment a little bit more and be thankful for the small stuff.
What’s on your Gratitude list?