Me time is super important, we all need a little break to refresh and recharge every now and again, away from a computer screen, a phone screen or a television screen! I’ll be sharing with you one of my favourite ways to de-stress and chill out, along with a few other options if you want some suggestions on how to relax. One of my favourite things to do when I’m feeling a little flustered is to have a bubble bath, not just any ordinary bath but a full blown pampered bubble bath, I go all out, seriously!
First things first throw your phone on the bed (I mean it!) run the tap and fill up the tub with bubbles of your choice. I like to use a bath bomb every now and again, how beautiful is this scented, glittery cupcake one? It doesn’t get any girli-er than this. I also like to light a candle or two, because why not.
After tying my hair up into a top-knot (if it isn’t in one already from the second I walked through the door) I take my make-up off with this brand spanking new Elemis cleanser, Isn’t new skincare stuff just the best?! I don’t know why but I love taking my make-up off at the end of the day. I don’t know how some people sit around with it on until they go to bed – I think I would probably claw my face off.
Once my face is squeaky clean, I massage a few drops of this Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate oil onto my skin. This results in my face feeling as soft as a baby’s bottom *touches face every five seconds*
I then use a gorgeously scented shower gel, I have recently been loving the British Rose collection from The Body Shop, after I finished off my Coconut scented shower cream, ahh baths are just the best. I’ll usually sit in the tub for a while and just chill, I will either take the time to paint my nails or read a chapter or two of the book I’m reading at the moment, as long as you don’t mind soggy pages…
What would a pamper session be without chocolate? Am I right? My treat of choice was mini Daim bars *drools* absolute heaven… What would you choose?
That’s how I like to relax but incase you wanted other options if bubble baths aren’t for you here’s some other things I do on a regular basis.
1. Give yourself a hand massage with your favourite hand cream.
2. Unplug from social media for a while!
3. Keep a diary, and write in it daily.
4. Organise and de-clutter the space around you.
5. Try Yoga at home or a class!
6. Drink a cup of warm (boiled) water, A chinese method of healing!
7. Do some colouring in (seriously)
8. Read a magazine or a book.
9. Go for a walk / jog / run
10. Steam your face with a hot flannel, give yourself a mini facial!
11. Try drinking green tea
12. Create a relaxation music playlist
13. Learn a new craft
14. Go to the gym
15. Bake something
16. Start a new television series
17. Call a friend or family member
18. Make a list of things to tackle!
19. Try out meditation at home
20. Chewing gum is scientifically proven to help you relax
21. Start a new hobby or go back to one you used to love
22. Read blogs (a favourite of mine!)
23. Have a good old stretch and relieve some tension
24. Remember to breathe
25. If you’re feeling particularly stressed try slowly counting to 10 and back down again in your head to distract you.
What is your favourite way to relax and unwind? please let me know in the comments!